Requirements: Android 1.6+
Overview: Emulate the classic Gameboy (Color) hand-held on your Android device
Emulate the classic Gameboy (Color) hand-held on your Android device
Gameboy (Color) emulator based on Gambatte 0.5-wip (GPL), designed and tested on the original Droid/Milestone, Xoom, Galaxy S2, and Xperia Play, but works on many devices with similar specs.
* Selectable color palettes when playing original GB games
* Backup memory and save state support, auto-save and ten manual slots for save states. State files from Gambatte should work on GBC.emu and vice-versa.
* Supports games in .gb and .gbc formats, optionally in .zip files
* Configurable on-screen multi-touch controls & keyboard support (needs Android 2.1+ for multi-touch, up to 3 touches supported at once), and an Xperia Play optimized button layout
* Wiimote + Classic Controller, iControlPad, and Zeemote JS1 support (no need to purchase a separate app, see website for full instructions)
* Portrait/Landscape auto-orientation support
No ROMs are included with this app and must be supplied by the user. A number of public domain games/demos are available at http://www.pdroms.de. Transfer games anywhere to your SD card and browse to them from within the app (default SD card directory is /mnt/sdcard).
Follow me on Twitter for updates about my apps:
Visit the homepage at explusalpha.com for more info, ports for other platforms, and my other apps (including Snes9x EX). Please report any crashes or device-specific problems via email (include your device name and OS version) so future updates continue to run on as many devices as possible.
What's in this version:
* Reduced chance of crashing on some devices when toggling the status bar
* Fixed fast CPU->GPU copy in Android 4.1
* Sound buffering and latency improvements, see website for more info about new Strict Underrun Check option.
* Native x86 build included for Intel devices