Requirements: Android v2.1+
Overview: The most powerful Android music making app just got better.
The most powerful Android music making app just got better.
Caustic 2 is a rack-mount simulation that combines synthesizers and samplers to create music. Everything is optimized for real-time performance, no internet connection required.
Create your rack by adding any 6 of these machines:
* Virtual analog subtractive synthesizer
* PCM synthesizer
* BassLine synthesizer (303-like synth)
* Sampling drum machine
The app also includes
* Effects rack supporting 2 effects per machine. (7 effect types)
* Mixer desk with global Delay/Reverb
* Song sequencer
All files are stored on the SDCard, and users can supply their own WAV files for use in the PCMSynths and BeatBox.
Minimum device specs are:
- 800 MHz ARMv7 processor
- 800 x 480 resolution screen
Headphones or external speakers recommended
This is a demo version of CAUSTIC. There is no time limit in demo mode but save/export are disabled. The app will automatically save your current song between sessions.
Unlock the full version buy purchasing the "CAUSTIC Unlock Key" (sold separate). The full version enables song saving as well as exporting to WAV, Ogg and MIDI.
- SDCard: All samples and songs are stored on your sdcard.
- Wake Lock: A few people have requested an option to keep the app awake, this is now available through the menu options.
- Billing: To unlock the app for those who bought it with in the old in-app purchase in v1.0
If you have any problems, write me via the developer email. I can't reply to your market comments.
This bugfix release contains:
- Fix for synth patterns dropping out in song mode.
- Fix for a crash bug when using long sample names in PCMSynth.
- Fix for BeatBox not taking samplerate into account on playback.
- Fix for reverb/delay knobs unable to clear automation.
- Fixes for a few edge-case crash bugs with SoundFont import in PCMSynth.
- Fix for Caustic directories being non-deleteable on a few devices.
- Fix for instrument tuning errors on SoundFont instruments in PCMSynth.
Less description »
Latest version: 2.0.2 (for Android version 2.1 and higher, supports App2SD)